Your First Visit
The Initial Consultation
- I love this place!! They were always super kind and friendly and they always always treated me like family. I suggest everyone to go here for the best quality of service.M.M.
- Adelsperger orthodontics is the best place to go! The staff is always very professional and remembers my kid’s names and makes it such a fun visit! Dr. is very much the same….the BEST! All my recommendations are her….very clean high tech warm and welcoming fun visit every time!! Applause from me and my family!!S.H.
- Adelsperger Ortho has done wonders on my son’s mouth in such a short time. His under bite was virtually fixed by the second visit. I would HIGHLY recommend taking your child to Adelsperger. Very pleased parent.W.N.
- Adelsperger Orthodontics is a phenomenal practice. All the people there are extremely helpful, kind, and overall just wonderful. Dr. Adelsperger is an incredible woman who makes getting braces exciting. I can’t wait for my next appointment! This stellar orthodontics practice is definitely #1M.Y.
- Adelsperger Orthodontics is a wonderful place to get braces! Dr. Adelsperger is a professional that gets the job done right and has fun while doing it. The staff is exceptional and the office is clean and nice. They are high tech when it comes to dental care. Kudos to Adelsperger and her team!!L.C.
- An absolutely fantastic experience from beginning to end! Warm, friendly service, detail oriented and task minded, very good at what they do…and just great people to work with! My braces just came off and I couldn’t be happier! PLUS, I beat the timeline expected, she said 2 years and they came off in 17 months! YAY!! Thank you SOO much, Dr. Adelsperger and the entire team at Adelsperger Orthodontics!!J.S.
When is the best time to begin orthodontics?
Though an orthodontist can enhance a smile at any age, there is an optimal time period to begin treatment. Beginning treatment at this time ensures the greatest result and the least amount of time and expense. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that the initial orthodontic evaluation should occur at the first sign of orthodontic problems or no later than age 7. At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but vigilant examination can anticipate the most advantageous time to begin treatment.
What are the benefits of early orthodontic evaluation?
Early evaluation provides both timely detection of problems and greater opportunity for more effective treatment. Prudent intervention guides growth and development, preventing serious problems later. When orthodontic intervention is not necessary, an orthodontist can carefully monitor growth and development and begin treatment when it is ideal.
Why is age 7 considered the optimal time for screening?
By the age of 7, the first adult molars erupt, establishing the back bite. During this time, an orthodontist can evaluate front-to-back and side-to-side tooth relationships. For example, the presence of erupting incisors can indicate possible overbite, open bite, crowding, or gummy smiles. Timely screening increases the chances for an incredible smile.
What are the advantages of interceptive treatment?
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are: creating room for crowded, erupting teeth; creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth; reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth; preserving space for unerupted teeth; reducing the need for tooth removal; and reducing treatment time with braces.
Are you a candidate for orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics are not merely for improving the aesthetics of the smile; orthodontic treatment improves bad bites (malocclusions). Malocclusions occur as a result of tooth or jaw misalignment. Malocclusions affect the way you smile, chew, clean your teeth or feel about your smile.
Why should malocclusions be treated?
According to studies by the American Association of Orthodontists, untreated malocclusions can result in a variety of problems. Crowded teeth are more difficult to properly brush and floss, which may contribute to tooth decay and/or gum disease. Protruding teeth are more susceptible to accidental chipping. Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear. Openbites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments. Ultimately, orthodontics does more than make a pretty smile—it creates a healthier you.
Braces aren’t just for kids anymore. Teeth alignment can be changed at any age if your gums and bone structure are healthy. We offer a variety of treatments that are designed for different age groups – including adults. A new smile can begin today.
Orthodontic treatment at later stages in life can dramatically improve your personal appearance and self-esteem. Improving the health of your teeth and gums is equally important. Crooked teeth and a bad bite can contribute to gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces, even headaches, and sometimes jaw joint (TMJ/TMD) pain.
Good news!The new techniques and appliances we use greatly reduce discomfort levels, decrease the frequency of visits, shorten treatment time, and may allow you to choose from several options. Your options may include metal braces, translucent braces, and even transparent aligners that can be worn at night to improve mild cases of misaligned teeth.
During the initial examination, we will be able to determine the best possible treatment for your individual needs. During this initial examination, we can outline the treatment plan, time of treatment expected, and the approximate cost.
A large percentage of our patients are adults, and they agree that it’s never too late to improve their greatest asset – their smile.
Our Patient Rewards Program
Creating a beautiful smile requires both a commitment from us and the cooperation of you, our fabulous patient. With that in mind, we are excited to introduce our Patient Rewards Program! Our program was created as a way to recognize all of your hard work by awarding you with fantastic rewards as you progress along your orthodontic journey. You may redeem great prizes on our website for as low as 50 points. Look for additional contest information at our office, on Facebook, or our website to earn even more points and to see the latest updates in our Rewards Program! You can view your points any time at www.AdelspergerOrtho.com. Click on the Patient Rewards card icon and enter your 16-digit rewards number and 4-digit password to check your current points. View the on-line Reward Guide and check for special contests and gifts. If you have any questions, talk with any of our team members!
Earn Points On Your Patient Rewards Card During each appointment, points will be awarded for outstanding cooperation in each of the following areas. To redeem your points, visit us online or speak with any of our team members!
Being a Great Patient Has Its Rewards
Excellent oral hygiene 5
Being on time 5
Nothing loose or broken 5
Wearing appliances as instructed 5
Great Ways to Earn Extra Points
Referring a friend 250
Office contest winner 25
Wearing your practice T-shirt to your appointment 5
Seeing your Dentist Regularly is Important
Dental cleaning/exam 25
Reward Rules: • Reward card must be present to receive reward points. • Replacement cards are available for a 10 point purchase. • Rewards are given at regular scheduled appointments. • Points or gift cards are not redeemable for cash. • Points and prizes are subject to change at anytime. • Dental reward points are available when returning a completed dental certificate